In September of 2017, Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute and Mathematical, Physical & Life Sciences Division from University of Oxford signed the strategic cooperation agreement. Both parties will carry out extensive and in-depth cooperation in transferring technology and supporting training of high-level talents. Oxford Suzhou Center for Advanced Research will be the specific execution unit for the cooperation between JITRIand MPLS. And OSCAR will set up a full-time position, which is called JITRI-OSCAR Fellow, to specifically promote thefutureprojectcooperation.
Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI) established in December 2013, focuses on: Complete the market orientation mechanism of industrial technology innovation, Service the company innovation, Guide the industry development in Jiangsu.
So far,JITRI is joined by 39 independent research institutes and 7 industrial technology innovation centers, specialized in Advanced Materials, Energy and Environment, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology and Medicine, High-End Manufacturing and Equipment.
OSCAR, the first overseas research center of the University of Oxford, is working closely with the Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute and both academic and industrial collaborators in China to progress a range of exciting societal and economic development opportunities.
As a multidisciplinary research, innovation and technology centre, OSCAR focuses on research challenges and technologies that both complement the Centre’s location in Suzhou Industrial Park and capitalizes on current Oxford research strengths. Research will initially be focused around the areas of biomedical engineering, biomedicine, advanced functional materials, electronic / optoelectronic / photonic devices, environmental technology, energy, mathematical and computational applications in finance and in health, and other related science and engineering disciplines.
The Centre is positioned in Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District (SEID), a district in southern SIP with a high concentration of science, education and innovation activity. The Centre, housed in a nine-story building with a gross space of 20,000m2, offers flexible access to facilities for multi-functional activities such as labs, seminars, workshops, training, public events, and administration, etc.
OSCAR JITRI Fellow
• Liaison between OSCAR and JITRI and coordinate collaborative activities between Oxford University and JITRI in Suzhou and in Oxford
• Identify and promote collaborative opportunities between OSCAR and JITRI Institutes
• Promote OSCAR to Jiangsu province and Jiangsu Industry
• Identify funding opportunities for industrial collaborative research and coordinate such grant funding application processes
组织活动推广OSCAR and JITRI的合作项目，并代表双方或其中一方参与相关的活动与会议。
• Organize events to promote OSCAR and JITRI activities and attend meetings and events to represent OSCAR and/or JITRI
• Undertake project work and activities as directed by the Director to support the operations of the OSCAR, including assistance with translations of funding applications and interpretation of relevant policies
• Establish and maintain a database of industrial contacts and act as the liaison officer
• At least a Master degree，preferably in engineering or applied science, or equivalent graduate level ability and skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
• Strong organizational and planning skills combined with excellent administrative abilities and a capacity to prioritize complex and competing demands in a busy working environment.
• Excellent presentation skills to act as an ambassador.
• An appreciation of scientific research, the research environment and industrial applications.
• Experience of administration in a research, education or business environment, ideally with experience of relationship management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire confidence, with diplomacy, tact and discretion.
• Experience in preparing grant or other funding applications to governments, agencies and other funders in China.
• Willingness to travel.
Building A, 388 RuoShui Road, Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu, 215123, P.R. China（Temporary office at Room 414, Building H）
1、Before the application:
Please read carefully the job description and selection criteria for the post for which you are applying at the OSCAR website: https://oscar.web.ox.ac.uk to determine whether you have the required skills, knowledge, and experience as advertised. Please DO NOT apply for the posts which are currently unavailable. We typically receive many applications for each post, and so you will need to show in a covering letter how you meet the essential criteria and the desirable criteria in order to be shortlisted for interview.
2、Required Application documents:
Please submit a covering letter and CV (both in English and in PDF) by email attachment to email@example.com by 31st May, 2018. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Email subject: the title of the post for which you are applying.
Email content: please include your contact information, name, telephone number, and any dates for which you would not be available for interview.
3、Covering letter (no longer than one page)
Use the covering letter to explain your motivation for joining OSCAR, and state how your skills and experience match these requirements. Please provide evidence that you have the skills, knowledge, experience, qualifications that match the requirements of the post. The strongest applications provide examples of previous work that demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria. Check your spelling and grammar; successful applications are typically proof-read to give the best impression to the selection panel.
4、Curriculum Vitae (CV, no longer than 5 pages)
Check that your CV is up-to-date and keep your CV within the page limit. Highlight the skills and experience that are relevant to the post for which you are applying. Avoid sending a generic CV; the strongest applications are those for which CVs are tailored for the needs of the post for which the candidate is applying. Give details of your education, employment history, publication record, lists of prizes, and voluntary experience.
5、After the application:
When you submit an application, the information you supply on your application will be provided to a selection panel, who will use it to assess your suitability for the post against the published selection criteria. You may be contacted via e-mail at any date regarding your application.
Your information is held securely in a database that is owned by OSCAR. The data will not be passed to external organizations or individuals other than those acting in a capacity as agents for OSCAR for software support purposes, or where an external body is party to the recruitment process.
When you submit an application to OSCAR you must confirm that you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, including the following declaration.
The information provided in the application materials is true and complete. I understand that any offer of employment may be conditional upon satisfactory screening.
I consent to be contacted by OSCAR at any date regarding my application.
I consent to the information given in this application being stored and processed in accordance with the data protection rules at OSCAR.
Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research